Field Engineer - Civil
itec group Inc. emphasizes the importance of building effective relationships between candidates and industry leading companies. We recruit for the IT, construction, engineering, and advanced manufacturing industries. We offer individuals looking for contract or full-time positions desirable career opportunities. Our committed team who are leaders within the recruitment industry have built a foundation of solid working relationships based on quality service, integrity, and respect. itec group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our client, one of Canada’s largest and top civil construction companies, is seeking to add a Field Engineer, to their team in Toronto, ON. Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will liaise between the construction and engineering personnel to determine project requirements. This person will develop construction specifications and procedures, and evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials throughout the duration of the project. The Field Engineer will have 4-5 of experience in a similar position, working on road, bridge, and sewer projects. This position requires frequent travel to site, with some overnight trips. This is a great opportunity to join one of Canada’s most reputable and growing heavy civil companies, which offers a very competitive wage, RRSP matching, travel expense reimbursement, career growth opportunities and full health benefits!
The Field Engineer job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating with clients and other members of the engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements
- Planning and designing major civil projects, such as roads, bridges, etc.
- Developing construction specifications and procedures
- Evaluating and recommending appropriate building and construction materials
- Interpreting, reviewing and approving survey and civil design work
- Ensuring construction plans meet all guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations
- Establishing, monitoring, maintaining and updating construction work schedules
- Conducting feasibility studies, economic analyses, municipal and regional traffic studies, environmental impact studies, or other investigations, as required
- Preparing contract documents and reviewing and evaluating tenders for construction projects
- Supervising technicians, technologists and other engineers and reviewing and approving designs, calculations and cost estimates
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in engineering, construction management, or a related field
- 5 years of experience in a Civil Engineering position
- 2-3 years of heavy civil field engineering experience, specifically working on roads, bridges, sewers, etc.
- Strong attention to detail with a proven ability to recognize discrepancies
- The ability to handle and deal with a diverse group of individuals, and also work independently
If you are interested in learning more about the Field Engineer job, or other construction opportunities, then please apply online at www.itecgroup.ca, or email email@example.com
In order to stay in touch, we require your consent. Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL) came into effect on July 1, 2014, and requires us to obtain the consent of our Canadian applicants to continue to receive electronic communication. On you online application, please include the line “I consent to receiving commercial electronic messages regarding this and other opportunities with itec group”. Should you wish to stop receiving electronic communications at any time, simply let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org