itec group Inc. emphasizes the importance of building effective relationships between candidates and industry leading companies. We recruit for the IT, construction, engineering, and advanced manufacturing industries. We offer individuals looking for contract or full-time positions desirable career opportunities. Our committed team who are leaders within the recruitment industry have built a foundation of solid working relationships based on quality service, integrity, and respect. itec group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our client, one of Canada’s largest and top civil construction companies, is seeking to add a Safety Coordinator, to their team in Toronto, ON. Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for travelling to site to conduct inspections, implement safety policies, and ensure safety procedures are being followed. This person will advise on provision to minimize safety risks, keep records of safety-related incidents, intervene in unsafe activities, and liaise with and report to official regulatory bodies on OHS matters. The Safety Coordinator will have 4+ years of experience in a similar position, working on road, bridge, and sewer construction sites. This position requires frequent travel to site. This is a great opportunity to join one of Canada’s most reputable and growing heavy civil companies, which offers a very competitive wage, RRSP matching, travel expense reimbursement, career growth opportunities and full health benefits!
The Safety Coordinator job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate and coordinate health and safety procedures, policies, and systems on a daily basis, to all site personnel
- Oversee and collaborate with site supervisors to identify and remedy unsafe working conditions
- Conduct regular inspections and audits of construction areas (jobsite inspections, equipment checks, spot checks, etc.)
- Investigate all accidents and with the Site Supervisor and ensure corrective actions are put into place
- Assist the site team with executing the site safety program, which includes orientations
- Encourage and educate employees to take precautions and adhere to safety rules and policies
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in engineering, construction management, health and safety, or a related field
- CHSO certification is an asset
- 5 years of experience in a safety role
- 2-3 years of experience working in a heavy civil construction environment, specifically working on roads, bridges, sewers, etc.
- Strong attention to detail with a proven ability to recognize potential safety issues before they occur
- Very strong communication skills, with the ability to handle and deal with a diverse group of individuals
If you are interested in learning more about the Safety Coordinator job, or other construction opportunities, then please apply online at www.itecgroup.ca, or email email@example.com
In order to stay in touch, we require your consent. Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL) came into effect on July 1, 2014, and requires us to obtain the consent of our Canadian applicants to continue to receive electronic communication. On you online application, please include the line “I consent to receiving commercial electronic messages regarding this and other opportunities with itec group”. Should you wish to stop receiving electronic communications at any time, simply let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org