Architectural Designer / Drafter
itec group Inc. emphasizes the importance of building effective relationships between candidates and industry leading companies. We recruit for the IT, construction, engineering, and advanced manufacturing industries. We offer individuals looking for contract or full-time positions desirable career opportunities. Our committed team, who are leaders within the recruitment industry, have built a foundation of solid working relationships based on quality service, integrity, and respect. itec group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our client, a well reputed and growing home builder with over 50 years in business, is seeking to add an Architectural Designer / Drafter to their team for a permanent job opportunity, in Kitchener, ON. Reporting to the Lead Designer, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating working drawings from concepts and renderings, revise existing drawings to suit customer requests, and aid in creating brand new home designs. The successful candidate will have their BCIN, experience designing/drafting for a production home builder, and preparing documents for building permit submissions. This is a great opportunity to join a growing dynamic company, which offers a competitive salary and career growth opportunities!
The Architectural Designer / Drafter job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- From concept to final design, create drafts and designs for new homes
- Create, revise, and add to existing designs
- Prepare permit documents for submissions
- Resolve technical and design issues, as they come up
- Liaise with site superintendents and site workers to review as-built drawings
- 2+ years’ experience in an Architectural Designer / Drafter role
- Previous working experience with a production home builder is a MUST to be considered for this position
- A diploma in Architectural Technology
- Full working proficiency with AutoCAD
- Strong knowledge of OBC’s and standards, with a BCIN
- Must be able to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
If you are interested in learning more about the Architectural Designer / Drafter job, or other construction opportunities, then please apply online at www.itecgroup.ca, or email firstname.lastname@example.org