Site Superintendent - MTO
itec group Inc. emphasizes the importance of building effective relationships between candidates and industry leading companies. We recruit for the IT, construction, engineering, and advanced manufacturing industries. We offer individuals looking for contract or full-time positions desirable career opportunities. Our committed team who are leaders within the recruitment industry have built a foundation of solid working relationships based on quality service, integrity, and respect. itec group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our client, a paving company with over a half century of proven success, is seeking to add a Site Superintendent to their team for a permanent job opportunity, in Cambridge, ON. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision and coordination of all construction activities and sub-trades, while keeping the project on schedule and within budget. You will have 7 to 10 years experience in the heavy civil construction industry, with 5 or more years of site supervision experience, including MTO projects. This is a great opportunity to join a seasoned, reputable, and growing company who puts value on teamwork, and offers a competitive salary, company vehicle, full benefits, and career growth opportunities!
The Site Superintendent job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising and coordinating construction activities and sub-trades
- Reviewing construction specifications, shop drawings, and blueprints
- Maintaining the project schedule, and ensuring work is progressing on schedule
- Ensuring the site and personnel are maintained to safety policies, and all workers have the required safety training certificates
- Make sure all equipment is in working condition, and tagging all equipment that requires maintenance
- 10+ years’ experience in the road construction/re-construction industry
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and construction specifications
- Strong project leadership and relationship with sub-trades, project management, owners and consultants
- Experience with MTO projects is a must to be considered for this position
- Valid driver’s license
If you are interested in learning more about the Site Superintendent job, or other construction opportunities, then please apply online at www.itecgroup.ca, or email email@example.com
In order to stay in touch, we require your consent. Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL) came into effect on July 1, 2014, and requires us to obtain the consent of our Canadian applicants to continue to receive electronic communication. On you online application, please include the line “I consent to receiving commercial electronic messages regarding this and other opportunities with itec group”. Should you wish to stop receiving electronic communications at any time, simply let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org