Production Supervisor in Mississauga, ON
itec group Inc. emphasizes the importance of building effective relationships between candidates and industry leading companies. We recruit for the IT, engineering and advanced manufacturing industries. We offer individuals looking for contract or full-time positions desirable career opportunities. Our committed team who are leaders within the recruitment industry have built a foundation of solid working relationships based on quality service, integrity and respect. itec group is an equal opportunity employer.
Our client, an industry leading manufacturer is seeking to add a proven Production Supervisor to their team for a permanent job opportunity in Mississauga, ON. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for a team of 40-45 employees on a rotating 12 hour continental shift. Our client operates a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Toronto, Canada. With over 40 years of experience in manufacturing, they have refined their manufacturing processes to operate with unrivaled performance. This is a great opportunity to join a growing dynamic company, which offers a very competitive salary, benefits, and future career growth advancement opportunities!!
The Production Supervisor’s Job responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in all the accountabilities of a supervisor
- Manage 40 to 45 direct reports per shift with 4 lead hands to assist
- Strong, proven leadership skills
- The ability to manage change
- Assist in the process of incident and accident investigation and root cause identification
- Provide team members with clear, accurate, and timely instructions (verbal and written) as well as daily performance feedback
- Ensure the teams quality awareness and focus at all times
- Experience working within Lean Manufacturing setting
- Mechanically inclined in order to be able to help troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Proven ability to provide, understand, and allow verbal and written work instructions in English without errors.
- Extrusion or other plastics experience a definite asset
- Proven track record of achieving targets and reducing waste
- Minimum 5 years working in a manufacturing setting
If you are interested in learning more about the Production Supervisor job opportunity and meet the required qualifications, please submit your updated resume. Please note, by applying for this position you are consenting to receive electronic messages related to the consideration of employment through itec group and its client.
In order to stay in touch, we require your consent. Canada's anti-spam legislation (CASL) came into effect on July 1, 2014, and requires us to obtain the consent of our Canadian applicants to continue to receive electronic communication. On your online application, please include the line "I consent to receiving commercial electronic messages regarding this and other opportunities with itec group” Should you wish to stop receiving electronic communications at any time, simply let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org